Digital History at Ursinus

Browse Items (81 total)

Pages from AlumJournal_Mar1957.jpg
Article from the Ursinus Alumni Journal March 1957 about the acquisition of Studio Cottage, 646 Main Street, 724 Main Street, 942 Main Street, and 944 Main Street.

heefner organ installation article.jpg
An account of the new Ursinus organ, named the Heefner Organ after its dedication ceremony. It details specifications of the organ and talks about the process of installing the organ into Bomberger auditorium in the summer of 1986.

pic100_20.jpg
An ariel view of Ursinus College's campus ca 1930.
The bottom third includes the Main Street village.
The middle third includes academic buildings Alumni Memorial Library, Bomberger Memorial Hall, Freeland and Derr Halls, and Pflaher Hall (under…

Tags:

pic100_BH-02(2).jpg
Bomberger Auditorium sometime after 1916, but before 1985. We know that the Clark Organ was installed in 1916 and the facade was left when there was an electric organ purchased to replace the chemically-ruined Clark Organ. Since the picture is…

pic100_BH_1893.jpg
Bomberger Chapel, now known as Bomberger Auditorium, as it existed around 1893.

The Chapel had seating on the first and second floors. On the first floor two large rooms behind screens on either side of the chapel proper could be opened to…

Tags:

Catalogue_1883-1893.pdf
Images of the original floor plans of Bomberger Hall when it was first built in 1893. The hall functioned as an academic, meeting, and religious space for the college. The plans clearly indicate a banquet hall, science laboratories, the chapel space…

2016_11_18_13_28_550015.jpg
Across Front Campus- 1930
Showing Bomberger Hall (R), Curtis Dorm and Olevian Barn (description on the back)

The back of the photo also indicates it came be found in the 1930 edition of the Ruby

2016_11_18_13_28_550021.jpg
A car can be seen sitting in between Freeland and Bomberger Halls
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2